For qulaity of life, general health and overall wellness it is important to track and monitor daily life habits.
Bad habits can be addressed and mondified when identified.
The following is a list of habits identified by the Departmmnt of Health on which Time To Call You could help to assess, identify and report on:
- Alcohol – people who have at least two alcohol-free days per week and stick to no more than two standard drinks per drinking day have better long-term health.
- Dental care – cleaning your teeth regularly and eating a low-sugar diet can reduce your risk of tooth decay, gum disease and tooth loss. Visit a dentist or other oral health professional at least once a year for a dental examination and professional cleaning, or more frequently as advised by your dentist.
- Diet – a healthy diet improves your general health and wellbeing. Have at least two serves of fruit and five serves of vegetables each day.
- Physical activity – regular physical activity is good for your mental health, heart and bones, and can prevent many diseases. Aim for 30 minutes to an hour of moderate physical activity a day. Moderate physical activity takes some effort, but still allows a conversation to be held (for example, brisk walking, gentle swimming, social tennis).
- Skin checks – check your skin regularly for unusual moles or freckles, and see your doctor if you notice anything unusual. People who work outdoors need a yearly examination by their doctor or a dermatologist.
- Smoking – smoking increases your risk of many diseases, including heart disease, stroke, lung disease and thin bones. If you smoke, quitting as soon as possible helps reduce the harm.
- Weight – maintaining a healthy weight range helps prevent longer-term diseases, such as diabetes and arthritis.
- Mental Wellbeing – keeping a good positive outlook on life and identifying when you may need some support.
The Time To Call You
Weekly Check-In can help to monitor and proactively engage to address many daily habits and identify those that may need tweaking in a different direction.